Scotland failed to add Nations League promotion to their momentous Euro 2020 qualification as they slipped to a limp defeat in Israel.
Matching the Czech Republic’s result at home to Slovakia would have elevated Steve Clarke’s men to League A.
But the Scots could not reach the level of their Euro play-off win over Serbia six days previously as Manor Solomon’s thudding strike condemned them to a second successive Group B2 loss.
The Czechs’ 2-0 win secured top spot.
Having followed qualification for their first finals in 23 years by losing in Slovakia to shatter their nine-game unbeaten run, Clarke’s team ended an historic week on a low in Netanya.
The potential World Cup play-off for Nations League group winners slipped through Scotland’s grasp as Israel exacted revenge for last month’s Euro play-off semi-final loss.
More to follow.
How to play
Rate players out of 10 throughout or after the game. The rater will close 30 minutes after the final whistle.
Rating range key = Give it up = Pure perfection
- 18MarcianoBooked at 90mins
- 12YeiniSubstituted forDganiat 78′minutesBooked at 90mins
- 6NatchoSubstituted forGolasaat 62′minutes
- 15LaviSubstituted forAbu Faniat 78′minutesBooked at 87mins
- 10SolomonSubstituted forCohenat 84′minutes
- 16Abu Fani
- 20Abu Hanna
- 2O’DonnellSubstituted forBurkeat 74′minutes
- 5GallagherSubstituted forMcKennaat 73′minutes
- 7McGinnSubstituted forGriffithsat 62′minutes
- 8JackBooked at 85mins
- 10McGregorSubstituted forMcLeanat 82′minutes
- 9DykesSubstituted forMcBurnieat 61′minutes
- Pawel Raczkowski
Match ends, Israel 1, Scotland 0.
Source Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54898189